Recovery Run Random Ramblings
- Yesterday, 8500 happy people enjoyed the running day in Leiden. Well, 8500 minus 1. According to the local paper, one of the runners died of a heart attack after finishing the 1/2M race. I do hope that media won’t use (abuse) this personal tragedy to support the wicked theory of how unhealthy running is…
- My legs are sore but I am already checking the calendar for future races (is this normal?) – perhaps a 1/2M in Katwijk at the end of September?
- Finally read Born to Run. Should I slowly start testing my own barefoot running abilities? Will do so next time on the beach.
- After surviving 20 km running, I am sure I can survive the dentist next week, too.
- Should I opt for some proper training plan? I am a bit afraid that the regularity would kill my idea of the freedom that running brings. On the other hand, I could use some (semi)professional guidance in order to avoid the common mistakes.
… and then my 30 minutes were over and I ran home…